Section 1: Co-Chairperson 1 and Co-Chairperson 2
Duties will be divided between Co-Chairpersons as agreed upon by the two, and include, but are not limited to:
- Providing overall leadership and public representation of the MSU-PDA.
- Working closely with the administration and other entities at MSU on postdoctoral affairs.
- Proposing agenda topics to be discussed during the monthly MSU-PDA Steering Committee meetings.
- Leading discussions of topics during the monthly MSU-PDA Steering Committee meetings.
- Managing the email@example.com email account.
Section 2: Professional Development Sub-Committee
The Professional Development Sub-Committee shall be composed of one (1) Chair and two (2) members.
The duties of the Professional Development Sub-Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Scheduling and attending quarterly meetings (Sept – Nov – Feb – June) with the MSU-OPA to:
- Discuss career and professional development opportunities for MSU postdocs.
- Brainstorm future career and professional development events to be hosted by the MSU-OPA, and speakers for events.
- Provide feedback on career and professional development events hosted by the MSU-OPA.
Section 3: Communications & Digital Presence Sub-Committee
The Communications & Digital Presence Sub-Committee shall be composed of one (1) Chair and two (2) members.
The duties of the Digital Presence Sub-Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the MSU-OPA to maintain and update the MSU-PDA pages on the MSU-OPA-run website (https://postdocs.msu.edu/).
- Maintaining and updating the MSU-PDA social media platforms (e.g.,Twitter, Teams).
- Managing the firstname.lastname@example.org email account.
- Gathering content for, producing and distributing, the MSU-PDA Weekly Email Update which can include, but is not limited to: relevant MSU-PDA events and activities, noteworthy information relevant to the MSU postdoc community, events and activities organized on the campus of MSU or outside of the campus of MSU not directly related to the MSU-PDA, MSU postdoc achievements.
- Collaborating with the other standing sub-committees to communicate and share relevant information to the MSU postdoc community.
Section 4: Social Sub-Committee
The Social Sub-Committee shall be composed of one (1) Chair and three to five (3-5) members.
The duties of the Social Sub-Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Planing, coordinating, and attending monthly social events for MSU postdocs and their families with the goal of generating a sense of community.
- Generating announcements and flyers advertising MSU-PDA events that contain all of the relevant information for attendees.
- Making sure that at least one member of the committee will be present at each event.
Section 5: Advocacy Sub-Committee
The Advocacy Sub-Committee shall be composed of one (1) Chair and two (2) members.
The duties of the Advocacy Sub-Committee include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the MSU-OPA to advocate for the needs and address the concerns of MSU postdocs.
- Identifying opportunities for postdoc representation within university-, college-, and department-wide committees, and drafting letters or proposals seeking postdoc representation on these committees.
Section 6: Members At-Large
The duties of the Members At-Large (unlimited number of positions) include, but are not limited to:
- Representing the needs of the postdoc community to the MSU-PDA Steering Committee.
- Providing assistance with decision-making and activities of the MSU-PDA when needed.
- Serving as MSU-PDA representatives on other MSU committees, organizations, or groups (e.g., College of Natural Science DEIAC, college/building/department-specific postdoc associations).
- Relaying information shared by the MSU-PDA Steering Committee to postdocs in their departments and encouraging postdocs within their departments to participate in MSU-PDA organized events.