POSTDOCTORAL EXCELLENCE IN RESEARCH AWARD (PERA)
The MSU Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research and Innovation award annually the Postdoctoral Excellence in Research Award (PERA) to two exceptional Postdoctoral Researchers for their contributions to MSU and the greater research community.
The top two applicants will each receive a $1,000 cash award and a certificate provided by the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research and Innovation and the MSU Office of Postdoctoral Affairs to recognize their achievement.
The call for applications is typically announced in January, and recipients accept their award and give a brief (10 min) presentation of their work during a reception in May.
1) Currently works at MSU as a postdoc (e.g., Research Associate, Postdoctoral Fellow).
2) Has been employed at MSU as a postdoc for at least one year, but not more than 5 years.
3) Has displayed excellence in scientific research, which will be measured by (1) the significance/impact of their research to their field of study, and (2) innovation of their research.
Read about past recipients here.
To apply, please navigate to the application portal and be ready to provide the following information and materials:
- A short summary that highlights publications or presentations from your work at MSU
- A short description of the impact of awards, honors, etc. awarded to you at MSU
- A short description of other activities that highlight your contributions at MSU
- Personal statement on the significance (impact) and innovation of your research
- Your CV
- Optional: a figure from your research
- A recommendation letter from your faculty supervisor (PI)