MSU-PDA Steering Committee
Open positions for 2020-2021
- Communications & Digital Presence Committee: 1 position (member)
- Social Committee: 5 positions (1 chair + 4 members)
Membership on the MSU-PDA Steering Committee is a voluntary one-year commitment. However, a Steering Committee member may choose to end their participation in the MSU-PDA Steering Committee at any time, without any consequence or repercussion to themselves.
MSU-PDA Steering Committee Members are expected to attend monthly meetings, whether it is in-person or virtually, and will be granted access to shared cloud storage where they are expected to keep all files and folders up-to-day and all materials confidential.
Roles & Responsibilities
The duties of the Communications & Digital Presence Committee include:
- Working with the MSU-OPA to maintain and update the MSU-PDA pages on the MSU-OPA-run website (https://postdocs.msu.edu/pda).
- Maintaining and updating the MSU-PDA social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter).
- Managing the email@example.com email account.
- Gathering content for, producing, and distributing the MSU-PDA Weekly Update and MSU-PDA quarterly newsletter.
- Collaborating with the other standing committees to communicate and share relevant information to the MSU postdoc community.
The duties of the Social Committee include:
- Planning, coordinating, advertising, and attending monthly social events for MSU postdocs and their families with the goal of generating a sense of community.