Spring 2023 Workshops Options:
- Monday series: Jan. 30, Feb. 6, 13, and 27, 1pm-3:30pm (in person)
- Facilitators: Kanchan Pavangadkar and Lori Seischab
- Tuesday series: Feb. 14, 21, 28, and March 14, 9:30am-12pm (virtual)
- Facilitators: Jonglim Han, Ariel Robbins, and Devin Silvia
- Tuesday – Friday series, May 9-12, 9:30am-12pm (in person)
- Facilitators: Danielle Flores Lopez, Kendra Pyle, and Claire Vieille
- Friday full day: Feb. 17, 8:30am-5pm (in person)
- Facilitators: Danielle Flores Lopez and Kendra Pyle
Register at: http://bit.ly/NatSci-DEI-S23
Through self-reflection and group activities, participants in these workshops will explore issues of power, oppression, and privilege. Participants will raise their self-awareness about social identities, identify systems of inequity and oppression, and learn a framework for cultural competency development. These concepts will be applied toward personal and organizational change, with a focus on work within the College of Natural Science.
Open to NatSci faculty, staff, specialists, administrators, postdocs, and graduate students who have NOT already attended this workshop as a 4-week series or full-day workshop.
Participants are expected to attend all sessions, which require active engagement in small and large group activities. The workshop series also includes short homework reflections. Please do not sign up if you have work or other commitments that conflict with workshop dates. If a workshop is full, you will be able to join a waiting list.
The College of Natural Science is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services, and activities. Accommodations may be requested by contacting Nick Goldblatt at NatSci.DEI@msu.edu, no later than two weeks before the workshop starts.
If you have concerns about attending a workshop with someone else in your unit, such as a supervisor, please email Kendra Pyle, NatSci DEI Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.