MSU PDA encourages fellow Postdocs to please take this time to focus on your health as we process this tragedy that occurred on campus last night.
*note that the PDA February Social has been postponed until next Saturday
From the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs:
Dear MSU Postdocs, I hope that you are taking time to do self care and focus on processing the tragedy on the East Lansing campus. I do not know if the Employee Assistance Program is prepared for the likely significant increases in demand for their services, but I encourage you to find ways to support yourselves.
- MSU’s Employee Assistance Program and Counseling and Psychiatric Services are making programming and services available to all members of the MSU community, including yourself.
- Resources in support of teaching after a crisis are being developed and will be shared on this #iteachmsu playlist. Please check back throughout the week. Resource documents already available are “Teaching in the Face of Tragedy,” “Crisis Response Resources,” and “Tips for College and University Students: Managing your Distress.”
Additional non-MSU resources are also available.
- Community Mental Health at 517-346-8460
- Disaster Distress Helpline available 24/7 at 800-985-5990
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline available 24/7 at 800-273-8255
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) warmline – operates 7 days a week from 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. at 888-733-7753