Symposium Code of Conduct
Unauthorized recording or screen capturing is not permitted
Audio or video recording of presentations by any means or photography/screen capturing of slide or poster material is prohibited without written approval from the contributing party. Presenters may indicate their preference by the use of the symbols below (left = recording/capturing not permitted; right = recording/capturing OK). If no symbol is provided, attendees must obtain approval as described above. Each attendee acknowledged and agreed to these restrictions during registration. It is important to abide by these rules to encourage open communication and trust within our community.
Please do not distribute the links to the symposium
We would like to avoid being ‘zoom-bombed’. Please do not share the access links to presentations or posters with anyone. Individuals who wish to attend should register — it’s FREE!
Inappropriate Behavior Policy
To help maintain an open and respectful community, the 2020 MI Regional Postdoc Symposium Organizing Committee will not tolerate illegal or inappropriate behavior of any kind. We condemn inappropriate acts or comments that demean another person by reason of gender, gender identity or expression, race, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability. We also condemn any other acts or comments that are unwelcome or offensive to other members of the community. The Symposium Organizing Committee will review allegations of any such behavior on a case-by-case basis, and violations will result in removal from the symposium.
Virtual Symposium Best Practices
- Attendees, unless presenting, should turn their microphones off and remain muted, unless speaking, in order to limit background noise.
- Questions for speakers should be typed into the chat or the Q&A window, which moderators will select from to ask the speaker.
- Cameras may be on or off depending on the session and personal choice.
- Patience in the event of technical difficulties and interruptions is greatly appreciated.
- Engage with others on Twitter using the hashtags #2020MIPostdocs & #NPAW2020